Where to Stay in New York? - What to do?
From places to stay in New York to all must-dos in the "Big Apple! Read and plan everything you need to do in new york before your visit.
Festive stays in New York City
New York City is a dream destination for many people. It was on our bucket list for a long time too, and essentially we went there. ABSOLUTELY WORTH. The Times Square at night, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Central Park - everything about New York City is perfect. And if you're thinking of new perspectives to celebrate upcoming holiday, we definitely recommend you scroll down and learn more about the best festive stays in NYC 2022/2023.
Just before we get started, a quick reminder that hotel prices vary on different booking sites. For the best price check it with Ratepunk before booking.
#1 Hilton Garden Inn New York - Times Square Central
The hotel is situated in the heart of New York City, just around 6 minutes' walk from Times Square. Featuring simple rooms with modern accents, it's a wallet-friendly option if you're looking for that. And on top of that, there's a rooftop bar from where you can access breathtaking views of Times Square (look it up at midnight).
Hilton Garden Inn New York - Times Square Central
USA, New York
Offering a restaurant and a fitness center, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central is located in New York. Free Wi-Fi access is available.
Each of the hotel's 282 guest rooms offers a 50-inch flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and alarm clock with MP3 connectivity. In addition, all rooms feature private bathrooms with a shower, hairdryer, and complimentary toiletries.
At Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central, you will find a 24-hour front desk and a lobby bar. Dining options include Paul's on Times Square and the 24-hour Pavillon Pantry for snacks. A morning coffee and tea service are also offered. Additional features include a business center and a fitness center.
#2 Crowne Plaza Times Square, an IHG Hotel
Another option we suggest - is Crowne Plaza, right in the middle of Times Square. With amenities including an indoor pool, a bar with incredible views of Broadway, and modern rooms, it's a perfect option for mid-class travelers.
Crowne Plaza Times Square, an IHG Hotel
USA, New York
Crowne Plaza Times Square is ideally located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, directly on Broadway between 48th and 49th Streets at the doorstep to Times Square. Just beyond our front doors are Fortune 500 companies and the city's best shopping, theater, and historical attractions. Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and the most incredible musical theater anywhere in the world are mere steps away.
Crowne Plaza Times Square has over 25,000 square feet (2322 square meters) of private event space onsite, with 28 meeting rooms and two Ballrooms, including our 6,750 square feet Broadway Ballroom with 7 m ceilings. In addition, our dedicated Crowne Meeting Directors and banquets team will cater to your every need and ensure your event is a success.
#3 Hard Rock Hotel New York
The hotel is located in the vibrant Theater District, which is around 10 minutes away from the Museum of Modern Art (worth visiting), and Central Park (worth even more). One thing we adore the most about Hard Rock hotel is the rooftop cocktail lounge, which we hope you'll consider checking out.
Hard Rock Hotel New York
USA, New York
Situated conveniently in the center of New York, Hard Rock Hotel New York offers air-conditioned rooms, a fitness center, and a bar. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk, room service, and free WiFi throughout the property. In addition, the hotel features family rooms.
The units in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. In addition, all rooms are equipped with a safety deposit box, while selected rooms here will provide you with a patio and others also have city views.
#4 Warwick New York Hotel
The high-rise hotel is in a historic 1926 building. Although the hotel is located 5 blocks from Central Park and Times Square, it's a luxury fanatics' dream. What got to us - was the marble bathrooms in each room. WOW!
Warwick New York Hotel
USA, New York
This sophisticated high-rise hotel is in a historic 1926 building commissioned by William Randolph Hearst; it's in Midtown, two blocks from the subway and within five blocks of Central Park and Times Square.
The posh, modern rooms have marble bathrooms, iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, and Wi-Fi (surcharge in standard rooms). Suites add amenities such as separate living and dining rooms, fireplaces, and private balconies. Room service is available.
Amenities include a restaurant offering a la carte and buffet dining, a classic lounge, and fitness and business centers. A daily facility fee may apply.
#5 The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
Only 2 blocks from Times Square, this luxury-class hotel is housed in a landmark building with a swanky interior design. Italian linens and modern furnishing blends in and creates a high-end stay experience for all. An extra good thing - is the spa with an indoor saltwater pool.
The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
USA, New York
This art deco boutique hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Broadway theaters. The 5-star hotel offers a 42-inch flat-screen TV, personal butler service, and free Wi-Fi in every guest room. The property is renowned in the travel industry for its quality customer service and luxury amenities.
A combination of contemporary luxury and old-fashioned design, The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel in New York City, features on-site spa services at the prestigious MYND Spa & Salon. In addition, the well-equipped gym is open 24 hours, and personal training can be arranged.
Guest rooms at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel in New York City, feature 400-thread-count linens and down duvets. A DVD player and stereo with MP3 connectivity are available upon request. The bathrooms offer his and hers bath amenities and comfortable terry cloth robes.
The Lambs Club at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel in New York City, is a bar-and-grill with modern takes on American classics. The restaurant offers a 2,500-square-foot mezzanine lounge with 20-foot viewing windows with city views.
#6 The Plaza
This is one of the TOP hotels worldwide, without a doubt. That's why we rank it number one in our festive hotels in NYC for the 2022/2023 list. For some people, The Plaza is known from the movie "Home Alone" when Kevin McCallister stayed for a few days waiting for his parents to show up in NYC. Others noticed that US President Donald Trump has been staying there a few times. And it's not hard to understand why. The luxurious and one of the most expensive hotels, The Plaza, truly deserves that attention. Offering bathrooms with gold-plated fixtures, the elegant, French-style rooms have Italian linens in every room.
USA, New York
Located next to Central Park and 5th Avenue, this internationally renowned Manhattan hotel is a step away from famous shops such as Bergdorf Goodman, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
The luxurious and spacious rooms at The Plaza offer the latest technology of in-room iPads and boast modern bathrooms with 24-karat gold platted fixtures and separate rain showers.
The Plaza Hotel offers world-class restaurants and bars, such as The Palm Court, which is one of New York City's finest destinations for Afternoon Tea.
- Central Park - 1 min walk
- Rockefeller Center - 8 min walk
- Museum of Modern Art - 9 min walk
- Broadway - 12 min walk
- Times Square - 17 min walk
- Pet friendly
- Air conditioning
Must-dos in NYC
Honestly, it's a never-ending list… However, if you're a first-timer in New York, check out "12 things you have to do | First time in NYC". And if you're about to consider New York City as a holiday destination this year, we've collected some must-dos in NYC.
Helicopter Tours in New York City
- If it's your first time, we recommend a city tour. This way, you can see all the main objects, like the Statue of Liberty, from high above. For example, The Manhattan Helicopter Tour of New York (12-15 Minutes) costs $229 per person, and you'll get pass by Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, the Brooklyn Bridge, Greenwich Village, Manhattan Skyline, New York Harbor, and a few more places. Alternatively, 93% of travelers recommended New York Helicopter Tour: Ultimate Manhattan Sightseeing is also an ideal option. The cost starts at $279 per person. Some of the most popular sights on tour include One World Trade Center, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Chrysler Building, Central Park, and George Washington Bridge.
- If it's a special occasion, we recommend taking an off-city tour. A 6-hour Niagara Falls Day Trip from Manhattan by Helicopter is something extremely out of this world. Although it starts at $21,000 per group (up to 5 people), it's worth every penny. Of course, there is a wallet-friendly option recommended by 97% of travelers - Private VIP New York City Helicopter Tour and Luxury SUV. The price starts at around $1,800 per group. You'll get 60-120 minutes of breathtaking NYC views and an incredible skyline tour.
- If you're on a budget, there are tours costing less than $250 per person. For example, Manhattan Sky Tour: New York Helicopter Flight costs $217 per person. And for that, you're about to lose it as you will get 15 minutes of the most breathtaking views and experiences of a lifetime. Additionally, you can consider a $155 cost NYC Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Helicopter Tour. This could become the ultimate highlight of your trip to New York City in 2022/2023.
Food & Drink Tours in New York City
Here are some best tours recommended by travelers:
- Greenwich Village Walking and Food Tasting Tour (99% of people recommend). The tour takes around 3 hours. On this guided village-tasting tour, you will explore the historic streets of this bustling neighborhood. Along the way, you'll visit several top-rated restaurants and famous eateries and walk away full of joy. The cost starts at $79 per person.
- Bateaux New York Premier Dinner Cruise. This one is more for luxury lovers. Although it's not as expensive as you might imagine, but for $229, you will escape the crowds and get a different view of the city lights on a dinner cruise along New York's Hudson River.
- Lower East Side Walking Wine Tasting Tour is definitely something for good wine enthusiasts. Starting at $90 per person, the tour takes 2 hours. The itinerary includes Somm Time Wine Bar, Souvlaki GR, and a few other extravagant places.
- Underground Donut Tour - New York's Only Donut Tour is if you're traveling with kids or you're just a big sweets fan. Almost 2-hour tour will reveal the best donut spots in New York City. The excursion starts in Chelsea and, within 4 stops, ends in Greenwich Village. And surprisingly, it's just $50 per person.
Concerts & Shows in New York City (available tickets in December + other dates)
It's no surprise that the "Big Apple" attracts millions of people each year to attend some of the biggest shows and grandiose concerts. Although it's impossible to list all the best ones, here are a few worth mentioning:
- Disney's Aladdin on Broadway Ticket. This Broadway rendition of the 1992 Disney film brings a beloved cast of characters to the stage with stunning choreography. The ticket cost starts at $90.
- Kick off your holidays in style and see Radio City Music Hall transformed into a winter wonderland with tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. The show will blow your minds, and tickets are already selling out for as low as $90.
- The Lion King On Broadway Ticket. It's another family-friendly show worth seeing. This acclaimed stage adaptation of the Disney classic brings the story of Simba and friends to life with music by Elton John and Tim Rice, paired with dazzling stage direction and costumes courtesy of Julie Taymor. Tickets start at $127.
- No Christmas passes by without a Harry Potter marathon. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway Ticket might be the best experience at Christmas time. Plus, tickets start at $85.
You might be interested:
Leave a comment